Friday, May 28, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

As I have been at home with Eliana this last week before returning to work, I have had the chance to just sit and marvel at some of my favorite things about her.

I love how she makes all sorts of little facial expressions and "sings" in her sleep.

I love it that when she wakes up in the morning she makes little grunts to get my attention.

I love how when I go to get her out of her bassinet in the morning and sing "Good Morning
Beautiful" to her, her big blue eyes light up and she smiles.

I love how when she finishes nursing she lays there half zonked out and smiles with full contentment.

I love how she became really excited the first time we showed her the mobile we bought for her crib.

I love how she is so intrigued by the back of Jacques the Peacock's feathers.

I love how she's such a snuggler... especially after she eats in the middle of the night.

I love how when she snuggles, she wiggles around until she finds the perfect spot.

I love how she is so good about letting me give her Zantac three times a day and never fusses about it.

I love how when she wakes up from a nap she extends her arms like Superman, arches her back, purses her lips, and does the biggest stretch. She is a GREAT stretcher!

I love how when she seems confused about something, she raises her hand while extending one finger (as if to flag down a server in a restaurant). So cute.

I love how she tries to talk to me with her little sounds.

I love how she gets excited when we sing "Them Bones" along with her Baby Einstein CD.

I love how she is so curious... you can watch her eyes wander and almost see the little wheels in her mind turning.

I love how she laughs at all the little quirky made up songs we sing her.

I love that the hair on the top of her head sticks straight up, regardless of how much we brush it.
I love how she tracks along with the books Spencer reads her at bedtime.

There are so many more... but I have loved just getting to know her and having the chance to be with her. Heading back to work on Tuesday will definitely be hard; but thankfully it's just for a few weeks until I get to be with her for a while this summer. And hey... maybe we'll win the lottery and I can be home with her for good ;-) I would really covet your prayers for all three of us during this transition.

13 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Wishing you all the best for your return to work

Kelli said...

Love it! Thanks for reminding to appreciate all the "small" things in life. :)

Sonya said...

babies truly are amazing!!!

Jacksmom said...

I remember making lists like that too when Jack was little. I still love everything about him. Children are such a blessing. I pray that this week returning to work will go smoothly for all of you. Just wait until you see how excited she is to see you when you get home!

Carly said...

Beautiful list. She is such a sweetie! I'll be thinking of you this week as you head back to work.

Kim said...

I have loved reading your story! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Blessings as you return to work.

http://hopeandpromises.blogsot.com

sweets said...

All the best with your return to work. I returned to work a month ago, and it has been quite an adjustment. The best part of my day now is picking my boy up from daycare and weekends when I get to spend full days with him.

It does come with small perks, such as being able to go to the bathroom alone, all day long whenever you want! But he never leaves my mind :). You have a beautiful daughter!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praying for you...I know it will be hard to leave...praying His grace will carry you through this time. Your beautiful mama-heart blesses me! Love to you...

D said...

I know exactly the stretch you are talking about - it's adorable!

Good luck next week - it is so, so hard. I'm also a teacher and I try to look at the bright side by telling myself that we really only work about half of the days in the year, so it's like the best of both worlds. :)

Kamaile said...

Enjoy every minute! She is precious!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to say how much I loved your blog! Beautifully designed too! I am so pleased to give you this 'Beautiful Blogger Award!'

Get it here: http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/shatterflii/blogger/?action=view&current=beautifulbloggeraward4.jpg

My post about it here: http://synnicity.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Take care & Godbless
ELMDyck

Rachel said...

Oh Stacy! I am SOO pleased to see Eliana's sweet face! I havent been keeping up...but I feel so blessed just to see you holding her! She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and I LOVE all her hair! :o) God has surely blessed you and Spencer!

Mochamama said...

Praying for you as your transtition back to work!