Friday, September 18, 2009

By Your Side

It's taking its toll on me that I haven't had the time to write here as much as I would like. Getting back to work has just turned my schedule crazy... much busier than I would like to be. The start of the school year is typically like that, but I certainly don't prefer my weeks to be this way.

So in the midst of the craziness, things would strike me and I would think, "I need to write about this." And of course, by the time I get around to it, it's the weekend... and I may or may not have remembered what I wanted to write; and if I did remember, it's usually with a lot less detail than I would like.

This morning, I was just thinking about a song that has been popping up a lot lately called "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North. I don't have much to say about it, other than the lyrics have spoken to me on so many levels, and to so many aspects of my life. I hope they speak to you as well this morning.

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

(Chorus 2x)

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

(Chorus 2x)

9 comments:

Jess :) said...

I love this song! The lyrics say so much, don't they?

HE is ALWAYS by our sides and we can take comfort in knowing that.

Praying and thinking of you...

Sonya said...

I love that song!! I was humming it in my head!

Brooke said...

That song has been played on the radio so much lately and I cant seem to get enough of it. Every word is so perfect and it speaks to my heart.

Danielle Holsapple said...

Oh yes....that song has also spoken to me....It is a favorite for sure......

Anonymous said...

I love this song. I would usually hear it every day on my way to work and it would make me hurt sometimes because I was spending so much of my time in that stupid office making everyone but myself happy. So I resigned two weeks ago and I feel a weight has been lifted. It really is a great song and I love how music can influence the soul so much.

Ruth said...

This song is just want I needed to read tonight. I will have to get a copy. I haven't heard it yet. Thank-you.

Desiree said...

Thank you for that. Those are amazing lyrics.

Misty Rice said...

I have been and am experiencing the same things. I have all these things I want to blog about, but by the time I actually get around to it, its not like I remembered thinking I wanted to write about it.

Hope this is a good week for you at school.

Holly said...

It's a great song. I have listened to it quite a bit.