Sunday, April 5, 2009

Please Pray

Over the past couple of weeks, there have been several people who have contacted me as a result of reading this blog for whom I really feel called to pray, and I would love it if you would join me.

This first is for Amber. Her daughter, Megan Grace, has been diagnosed with a fatal form of dwarfism. She and her husband will be getting a second opinion this week from another set of doctors. Please pray for God's peace during this appointment, for wisdom for the doctors, for the grace for Amber and her husband to continue walking through so much uncertainty, and even for a miracle.

The second is for a woman who is 33 weeks pregnant with her daughter, April Rose. Baby April has been diagnosed with Trisomy 13, and is not expected to live. In addition, April's health appears to be starting to fail, as her heart rate is low. Right now, the doctors are urging this woman do deliver April so that she has a chance to meet her while she is still alive. Please pray for wisdom for this mother in the decisions she will soon have to make, for God to be just so present, and for Him to carry this mother through such a difficult time.

Finally, I would like to ask you to pray for two women who have been a huge encouragement to me on my journey.

McMama's son Stellan was diagnosed with SVT (an abnormal and extremely high heart rate) in utero, but his SVT has been acting up the past few weeks. It is a long, complicated story, but essentially Stellan has been in the PICU for weeks and the doctors haven't been able to get his SVT under control. Please pray for healing for Stellan.

On Tuesday, when we hit the 6 month mark of when Isaac was born, Angie Smith will be reaching the 1 year anniversary of the day her sweet Audrey was born and went to Heaven. Please pray for peace for Angie and her husband Todd, as well as for their three other daughters, Ellie, Abby, and Kate. Pray that it would be a sweet time of remembrance, and that God would be close to them in their brokenheartedness as they miss their sweet Audrey.

As I was thinking about praying for these families, I was reminded ot the scripture that Spencer and I memorized together to recite in the OR while Isaac was being delivered...


Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—

he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel

will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you—

the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,

nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm—

he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going

both now and forevermore.

What a promise. Thank you for joining me in praying for these families.

10 comments:

Jess :) said...

I will most definitely continue praying!! I've been DOWN ON MY KNEES for my sweet friend, Jennifer, and Stellan. I have also been praying so incredibly hard for Ang and now, baby April.

I hope you don't mind, but I e-mailed April's mom, since I've gotten a few emails from her friend, who she refers to as "C." I just told her what an amazing and incredible woman of God you were and that you would be awesome to talk to. Hopefully that is okay with you!! :)

Praying for you, always, as well!

Love and Hugs,
Jess :)

Amy B said...

Thank you for sharing these sites with us. I have already been there in the past and I continue to go there often. Each one reminds me that I am not alone in m,y medical struggles with myself or my son. And they remind me daily..God is GOOD and all we really have is faith on the harder days.
Your blog is beautiful and I have spent much time reading it. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Thank you for sharing these requests. Definitely praying...for all of them...and for you...

Miche said...

This was much needed this morning. Once again the yucky weather has returned which for me makes days much harder than
"normal".

This week is filled with so many emotions that I can't even begin to process them all at once.

Thanks for posting this and we will be praying for those you mentioned as well.

Cynthia said...

I will continue to pray for Stellan and Megan and will add April to the list. And you! By the way, love the new hair cut. It looks great.

Lorraine said...

I will be praying. So many hurts in the world; but so much hope in the Lord and the way He uses us to lift up one another in those times.

Leigh Anne said...

I worked as a Labor and Delivery/Postpartum nurse for almost 10 years. Many times I was nurse to a woman who new she would deliver a baby that wasn't alive or would not live long. I have cried many tears along side families. My heart was always broke for them but especially those who didn't appear to have a relationship with Christ. Lord Jesus I lift these families up to you. I pray for the decisions that may come for them and pray that they will lean on you for strength. I also pray for the doctors that they will respect the decisions these parents make. Father wrap your arms around these dear parents and hold them tight.

Tim said...

Very beautifully put. We are praying for all of them and you guys as well. The Fort Thompson Prayer Soldiers are on all of these requests.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

 The Morris Family said...

I like the last part of the verse, how the Lord will watch over your coming now,(the birth) and how he will watch over your going forevermore,(to be with the Lord)Thinking about our 3 yr. Joel 1/23/07, cancer, and also your Isaac and how the Lord "watched" over them as they came and went from us and He still is and will be forevermore!!!
Cindy

Unknown said...

A very thoughtful post Stacy! x.