Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Drum Roll Please...

About a month ago, I mentioned that I was very excited about something that was in the works to honor Isaac.

Well, I am proud to announce that the men's ministry of our church, Mountain View Community Church, is sponsoring the first annual Isaac Timothy Delisle Memorial Golf Tournament!!! The hope is for this golf tournament to be an annual event that is an integral part of our church's men's ministry (sorry ladies!).

One of our pastors approached us about this back in January, and some men in the church had started talking about it back in the fall. I am absolutely humbled that we are being given the opportunity to honor our sweet son and bring glory to God through this event. And with Spencer being the avid golfer that he is, it makes it even better. We are just grateful for the opportunity to share Isaac's story and God's faithfulness through it in hopes of encouraging others and ushering them to the feet of Jesus.

This year's beneficiary is going to be the perinatal loss unit at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, the hospital where I delivered Isaac. It is our hope that through this, we can help support other bereaved parents who are having to walk this difficult road.

There are still many, many details to be worked out. But, if you are local (or even if you aren't... Frederick, MD is a great place to visit!!), here's the scoop:

Where: Worthington Manor Golf Club in Urbana, MD

When: Friday, August 21, 2009. Afternoon round of golf (scramble format), with food and program to follow

Details regarding registration to follow.

Questions? Interested in playing? E-mail isaacsgolftournament@yahoo.com


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. ~ Psalm 139:13-16

23 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful way to honor Isaac!!!

King J's Queen said...

What a lovely tribute to Isaac's life. That's just wonderful!

Misty Rice said...

Now I just wished I lived out there.... that is wonderful news. What a happy post! Yea!!!!

Maybe your husband and his group of 4 can have t-shirts printed up with Isaacs picture on it and wear it during the tournament.

That would be so cool and a great picture to post on a future blog.

God Bless.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful way to honor you sweet boy. I pray that it is a HUGE success and that you can help others that have lost their precious children as well.

3boys4tre said...

Such a fantastic way to honor not only Isaac, but Isaac's beautiful life.

Miche said...

How wonderful! Also, that scripture was brought to me by a lady in my office the other day. She pulled me away from my desk and said she just felt led to share it with me. Thanks for posting it.

Angela said...

I love that passage from Psalm 139. It is so comforting, especially in the case of a child lost too soon.

Bluebird said...

I am always overwhelmed at how beautiful he is.

What a special way to honor your sweet boy.

The Writer Chic said...

Stac, I don't think that Jim will be able to make it this year, due to my c-section, but you better believe that in years to come, the Gregory's will be there to participate -- local or not! I'm so excited to see God continuing to work through Isaac.

Thinking of you today,

Monica

Kellye said...

This is wonderful Stacy! What a truly fabulous way to honor Isaac! God bless!

Trennia said...

That is so sweet that your son is being honored.Praying for your family.

Sonya said...

How incredibly awesome!!!

jennifer said...

You have had a long, draining, and trying journey so far with pregnancy and Isaac's life. I am so glad about the Annual Golf Tournament and even the playground for him. I pray you are able to experience peace, joy, and rest and celebrate these events that will keep Isaac's life and your story alive. Your bold walk will help many who face what you have faced. I just pray for happiness and joy to rain down on your life :) I wish we lived closer so my hubby could play golf, but we are in Ga (friend of Ashly)

Tammy On the Go said...

This is so exciting friend!

Devon said...

s - that is such an awesome ministry! for those of us who aren't in the area...is there anything we can do to help out?

Ashly said...

That's super cool. I'd love to do something like that for Brooks. Our church is so big though, I don't know how I'd work it-but you got me thinking!

Stephanie said...

Just a beautiful way to honor Isaac's life and minister to others!
That is wonderful!!!

Troy & Amy said...

That is so awesome! Just the fact that it will go on year after year is wonderful!

Mary P said...

So excited to hear this news! Is there anything I can do since I'm out of state that would help benefit the hospitals perinatal unit in Isaac's name? I'd love to help this tournament be a success. Isaac must be excited and proud from where he is sitting...

Cynthia said...

It is a great way to honor Issaac and share your story and faith. I too pray that it will be ahuge success.

Rachel said...

thats soo amazing! :o) I know you and your husband are extrmely EXCITED! Would be awesome if there was a way that people from out of state could participate. I read a comment about making shirts!? That would be awesome! (If possible) I know I would totally buy one.

Beautiful Scripture, btw. God Bless! and I will praying for this tournament to have an over-the-top outcome!

Christa @ Quintooples said...

How WONDERFUL!!!!! What a beautiful way to honor Isaac.

~Christa
www.quintooples.com

Unknown said...

I can just imagine Isaacboucing away at the thought of something so incredible being done in his honour. This is so very special and I am smiling from ear to ear from this news. Thank you for sharing! X.