Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A "Boring" Update

Thank you all so much for committing to pray for our baby girl, and for us as we navigate this new part of our journey. Your response to our big announcement was overwhelming... in a good way!

Thankfully, my appointment on Monday was boring... incredibly boring! All the usuals... weight, blood pressure, and listening to baby sister's heartbeat on the doppler (which sounded great in the mid 150's!) Dr. D (one of the docs who delivered Isaac) measured my tummy and everything is right on track.

We discussed the H1N1 vaccine, which truthfully, I have lost some sleep over. With working in a school, germs are everywhere... and several of my students have been out with confirmed cases of H1N1. My doctor's office doesn't yet have the vaccinations, doesn't know when they'll be getting them, and they don't know whether or not they will be mercury free. Please pray for me for wisdom as to whether or not to get this vaccine, and for peace of mind. the whole thing just has me a bit on edge.

I had the chance to see Carly and our friend Susi (another baby loss mom from our support group is also pregnant again) last night for dinner. Carly goes in again today (around now, actually) for more bloodwork, a fetal non-stress test, and some labwork. Please continue to pray for her that things hold steady with their little guy!

18 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

Praise the Lord for your "boring" doctor's visit! I'll keep on praying for baby sister and mom and dad!!

Once A Mother said...

Both you and Carly are in my prayers for uneventful pregnancies and healthy deliveries.

Leslie said...

I'm glad things were uneventful at your doc visit. We have chosen not to get the H1N1 vaccine for me, hubby, or my girls (6 and 7 months). I know it's a tough decision to make, and I went back and forth with it before finally feeling like I had the right answer for me and my family. Every situation is different, and I'm sure you will make the right choice for you and your family.

Lauren said...

Yea for boring - boring is good!

Praying for your H1N1 decision. It is a tough one. I did get both of the girls vaccinated and no reaction except low-grade fever. Now I am looking for a place I can get a vaccine too - to protect Miss Norrah in particular.

We shall see. Hope that you have access to it quickly if you do indeed decide to get it.

Love ya.

Cynthia said...

Thank goodness for boring.

I will pray that you make the right decision.

Praying for you and Carly too!

Holly said...

Boring is definitely a good thing!! I hope that you can come to some conclusion about the vaccine and praying good things for your friends!

Leah said...

Yay for boring doctor's appointments. Continuing to pray for baby sister and Carly.

Kristin said...

i know what you mean about H1N1 vaccine. I have opted not to get it because our hospital has either had ones with mercury in them or the ones with Theromalsin (or something like that) that has been linked to autism. I am relying on God and my own regim of crazy hand washing, lots of fluids and sleep to get me though this. I will be praying for you to be protected as well!

Jus and Kat said...

"Boring" doctor's appointments are great, aren't they!?! My thoughts and prayers go out to your and Carly and Susi during your pregnancies. Keep the Faith!

Kat

Angela said...

Oh, so glad for a good appointment. I came over here to check. :)

I actually got my H1N1 vaccine yesterday at my 17-wk OB appt. My OB just got them in this week. So far, no side affects other than a sore arm. LOL

Julie Tallman said...

Hello Stacy,
I have been following your blog and praying for your beautiful family since before Isaac's birth. I am so happy to hear Isaac is going to be a big brother! I have four boys (ages 12-6) and I wanted to share something with you. Many times when we listen to KLOVE one of my boys will say, "Mom, isn't this one of the songs on Isaac's website?" Or in church we will sing Mighty to Save and Isaac will be brought up! He is such a beautiful treasure and has an incredible legacy...I have no doubt his sweet sister will know him! We will be praying for you and Spencer and your daughter too!

On a completely different note...I know you aren't too far from Frederick and many years ago my husband played on the Frederick Keys! Beautiful area back there.

Will be praying!
Julie

Kelli said...

Praise God for the "boring" visit. That's always good to hear. Keeping you all in prayer. Bless you.

FSD said...

Great news!!! Praise the Lord! I will be praying for wisdom for you about the H1N1 vaccine. In the meantime, I will pray God's hedge of protection around you and baby sister to keep you healthy and shielded from the virus.

Still praying for Carly as well.

Sonya said...

I am so glad that your doctors appointment was "boring" that is good to hear!

KAL071203 said...

not to tell you which way to go with the h1n1 but maybe your uneasiness is God's answere, and why you aren;t feeling peace. I will pray you feel a definate guidence and answer for God. congrats again!

Nicole said...

YAY for "boring" news!

Jen said...

So glad to hear all is well!
Continued prayers for the whole H1N1 thing...after going back and forth, we got ours tonight, per pediatrician's recommendation. I'm hoping to remain at peace about it myself! Love to you, Spencer, baby girl and big brother, Isaac!

Hazel Nut said...

Wonderful news! Praying for more boring visits.