Friday, August 15, 2008

Ultrasound Update

We had another ultrasound today, and it was fun to be able to see Isaac. At one point during the ultrasound, I started to get really hot and dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. It was kind of weird. The tech said it had something to do with layign on my back and some artery. She had me lay on my left side and Spencer held a fan in front of my face; after a few minutes I felt better.

The doctor with whom we met today was wonderful. She was great with answering my questions, taking her time scanning, and be very honest about what she was seeing. As things seem to go these days, we found yet another complication. Because the omphalocele (the umbilical hernia) is adhered to my uterine wall, Isaac hasn't been able to move about freely as most babies do. Consequently, the umbilical cord is very, very short (um, 5 cm??). As the doctor put it, it hasn't really had a need to grow any longer since Isaac is pretty much in one spot. She assured me that this would not have any adverse effects on me, but that it could complicate Isaac's delivery. She was great about making sure that information would be clearly communicated to my OB's office so that they were well aware of it.

Please continue to pray that we would enjoy our "visits" with Isaac, for guidance as Spencer and I have lots of pretty significant decisions to make in the next few weeks, and for hearts of comfort and peace in the weeks to come. Please also continue to pray for us as we begin the school year and take on the added stresses that accompany that. We would also appreciate your prayers for all of the many doctors involved in caring for us and for Isaac, that our story would be a testament of who God is and also that God would be preparing everything for as smooth of a delivery as possible for Isaac. Please also don't stop praying for a miracle.

And now... the pictures...



15 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful whomb!

good luck girl!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see him...I always love seeing him. What great pics. Love that little ear. Stay strong in the Lord and know that you are doing His will for this little soul called Isaac. Love.

maryanne420 said...

Stacy,
can i just tell you how much you've inspired me in my faith. your love for God continues to amaze despite the circumstances. i continue to lift you up in prayers.

Stephanie said...

I'm always praying for you and your family and for a miracle for Isaac. I love seeing his pictures.

Taylor said...

Praying every day.

Anonymous said...

He looks so comfortable and content!

Stephanie said...

Would you be comfortable sending me your address so I can mail you something that I pray would be encouraging for you?
my email is tsblackiston@comcast.net

Isaac is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy!

I haven't seen or talked to you in forever but Taylor mentioned that I should be praying for you all and to look at your blog so I just sat here and read all of your blogs from the start. What an amazing story! I will definitely be praying for you and the little guy.

I have seen God do such amazing things through situations like yours and I can tell that yours is already among the others.

Love,

Kory

Laura said...

Still praying....

The Writer Chic said...

I love that last one....I just want to lean in and kiss that little shoulder. Praying always, hon.

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Stacy,
Thank you so much for posting the update. Thinking of you all the time. Isaac is just precious. I know that you can't wait til the day when you can meet him in person! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Good luck with the start of the school year! As hard is it may be, try and stay strong.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,

I found your blog through Angie's. The Lord brings you to mind many times a day, and each time I pray that you are comforted and protected during this time.

I have never been in your situation but my heart breaks for you. I am always drawn back to 2 Corinthians 9 when I am experiencing testing and trials. Paul talks about the thorn in the flesh, and verse 12 always brings peace to my heart “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” What an awesome promise from God!

I will continue to pray for Isaac and that God will do many wonderful things through his life!

In His Grip,
Tori
PA

HennHouse said...

Praying.

Cathy said...

Just found your blog and will be praying for miracles. But I do know they happen! It breaks my heart what you are going through concerning funeral arrangements. I live with a miracle named Annabel who is 3 1/2 yrs old with full Trisomy 18. Keep up the hope! Praying here in Texas for your family. Cathy & Annabel

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

He's just beautiful!