Friday, August 1, 2008

Bethany Bound

Hello,

I wish that I had some updates or something new to share here, but truthfully things have pretty much remained the status quo. Isaac is still moving and kicking away, which I love. Last night seemed to be one of his wiggliest nights yet, and Spencer and I loved just laying there and feel him move all around. Spence also noticed that Isaac's kicks seem to be getting harder, and it was neat for him to be able to share in that.

Tomorrow we leave for a week at Bethany Beach with my family. I am really looking forward to getting away... sometimes a change of scenery can be a much needed thing. I also happen to be particularly fond of the beach, and am looking forward to spending some quiet mornings on the beach. My sister is going to take some maternity pictures for Spencer and I, too. I am really looking forward to that.

While I am gone, we won't have access to a computer or the internet, so unfortunately no updates here. I'll be keeping up with my letters to Isaac in a journal and then typing them up when I get home.

There are a few things that, while we're gone, we'd love for you to continue to pray about...

First, would you please continue to seek God in asking Him for a miracle in this? I have been challenged recently by the fact that I noticed I stopped praying for that shortly after we received the horrible news that day at Children's. Although I believe that God seems to be preparing us for Him to not intervene, I know that nothing is too great for Him. I also know that we can come and present our requests to God. I know he may say no, and sometimes that scares me out of even asking in the first place. But I want to ask anyway. So would you join us in that?

Secondly (which will seem a bit contradictory to the first request), the week we return from the beach we plan to meet with the folks at the cemetery. I know that is going to be an extremely difficult day. Would you please pray for strength and peace as we do that?

Lastly, would you please begin to pray for my c-section? I am very nervous about it, as I have a pretty intense fear of needles and a very low pain tolerance. I am also fearful of complications. Would you please pray that from a physical standpoint, God would allow it to be a very easy procedure, free of any complications? Would you also please pray that everything would heal in the best way possible? I know that day is going to be harder than I can fathom in so many other ways, and physical complications would only make it worse. I just want to be available and able to spend as much time with Isaac, Spencer, and the rest of our family that day without the burden of any physical complications.

Thank you for your prayers, your encouragement, and for continuing to walk this road with us.

11 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Have a WONDERFUL vacation, Stacy! All your specific requests have been printed out and are taped to my computer screen.

On my knees, as always,

Monica

banbear2 said...

Have a great vacation!!
I will pray for you and Spencer and Isaac every single day.

So Blessed said...

Praying that you all have a restful, peaceful time at the beach...a time filled with special blessings.

I will be praying for the other things you have listed, as well.

Remember that even when we can't see God's hand, we can trust His heart.

julie said...

I hope that you have a wonderful vacation. You are always in my prayers.

Laura said...

Thinking of you today...I will be praying for you. Praying your time away from the routine is good for both of your hearts. I know you will make precious memories with your sweet Isaac.

HennHouse said...

Praying for you. On all accounts.

Jam Ma'am said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach. For some reason I find it the easiest to talk to God when I'm looking at a big ocean at daybreak...
I'm still praying for your miracle.
"yellowcar" from the nest/bump

Kristi said...

My 15 year old daughter just sent this link to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UF5E8AylA&feature=related I hope you have time to watch it and that it encourages you as it did me.
Still praying for your miracle,
Kristi

Stephanie said...

I hope you enjoy your time away. I am always praying for you and your family. I will definitely join you in asking God for this miracle. I will keep all of your requests close to my heart!

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog recently and you have touched me. I ended up with a c-section, and like you I have a low tolerance for pain. You CAN do this. You are stronger than me and you will do great. Have a wonderful vacation. You and your famliy are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your family....always praying for you.