Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Few Prayer Requests

This morning there are a few things for which I would like to ask you to join me in prayer.

The first is for a friend of mine who I met at the infant loss support group I attend at the hospital where I delivered Isaac. On Saturday, she and her husband will be reaching the one year mark of her sweet son, Will's, birth... and a few days later, will reach the one year mark of his death. I know that this is an exceptionally difficult time for them, so I would ask that you would please pray for them during this time.

During the Christmas season, I attended a party with the folks from the school where I previously taught. There is a teacher there who, about twenty years ago, list a baby. I appreciated so much that she asked how I was doing, and then proceeded to tell me, with tears in her eyes, that even twenty years later, it is still hard to talk about her son without crying. I can only imagine, then, what this one-year mark is like for my friend from the support group.

The second is for Spencer. He just has a ton on his plate right now with coaching basketball, running the mentor club at his school, taking three graduate classes this spring, and then of course, his "real" job. That is a busy schedule for anyone to handle, but I think it is exceptionally more wearing on someone who is navigating a journey of intense grief.

Third, two friends of ours are expecting baby boys any day now. One, in fact, is due today; the other is actually a few days overdue. Please pray for healthy deliveries for each of these baby boys.

Lastly, please continue to pray for Spencer and I as we navigate this grief journey. It's a hard and crazy road, and the quick and drastic change of emotions can be really exhausting. Earlier this week I just found myself so agitated over silly things and feeling extremely restless. I looked at my planner and realized, "It's Tuesday." Isaac was born on a Tuesday, and Tuesdays just seem to be like that. I also know that the birth of the above mentioned baby boys is going to be a hard thing emotionally for us... seeing healthy little baby boys who would be just a few weeks younger than our sweet Isaac, and having a constant reminder of what Isaac would also be doing if he were here is going to be really difficult I think. Please pray for protection for our hearts with this... that we would be guarded against anything that would drive a wedge between us and God, and between us and our friends. And most of all, that God would continue to just hold us tight, grant us his peace, and restore our joy and our hope as we still just miss Isaac so much.

Thank you for continuing to support us and uplift us, as well as the other folks mentioned here who could use your prayers. We appreciate it so, so much.

24 comments:

Laura McCann said...

Done!

Stacy,
You and Spencer are so strong. I so admire all you do. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get out of bed, put one foot in front of the other, breathe in and out all day, etc...I would think on some days, those simple tasks would seem nearly impossible...but you do it. You do those and more. One day at a time, one moment at a time, you get through each day with such strength and grace. How proud Isaac must be of the two of you. How proud the Father at the faith you exhibit in Him. I just cannot begin to tell you how much I admire your courage and your faith.
I pray that you feel comfort and peace in the coming days and that your broken heart and spirit will be healed.

The Writer Chic said...

Praying, as always, for your healing and peace. But it's always nice to have specifics. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you in my nightly prayers since November and tonight I will include all those mentioned in your blog today.

Don't worry about being agitated about the small things, I'm like that most days and not going through what you are. Take it one minute at a time if you have too.

Thinking about you and Spencer.

Deni said...

I am praying for you! I can't imagine losing a child, but from what I can tell from reading your blog, you are strong and hanging in there...that's great.

Trish said...

I pray everyday for you if not countless times a day. I want God to lift this pain on your souls so much. The heart to have more joy than the sad heavy heart that can bring you down so fast.

Your strength will amaze you for your friends, it will hurt but there will be joy for them.

Love always,
Trish
Max's mom

Anonymous said...

Please know that I continue to pray and think about you and Spencer often. I wish there was more I could do to ease your pain.
Alicia

Julie said...

Continuing to pray....

Hugs from Indiana!

Laura said...

I am new to prayer as I am just beginning my journey of faith, but you can be assured that I am praying for you guys.

Mari-Beth said...

Stacy, you are always in my prayers and I will keep your friends in them as well.

A year mark is hard, we had ours this past Oct. 15th. You feel so many different emotions and it is so hard to imagine that a whole year has gone by without your little one. I still have my days but my faith and my support unit (family & friends) have kept me going.

Thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Stacy, thank you for sharing these prayer requests with all of us. I will be praying hard for you and Spencer and your friends. Look forward to your next update.

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Stacy,
I am fervently praying for you and Spencer. May the Lord lead you to some peace amongst all the grief.
May HE Bless you both and keep you strong.
Annmarie

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I'll be praying, sweet friend...

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacy,
I read your blog often but I have only posted once; the day beautiful Isaac was born. Your posts always touch me and I pray specifically for your needs. However, my stomach dropped today when you told us about two baby boys about to enter the world. It brought me back to when I delivered my 4th (and final) son.
One of my dear friends from Bible Study had just lost a baby. I was very cautious of her feelings (as I know your friends will be as well). When she met Luke I told her she didn't need to hold him but her reaction amazed me. She wanted to hold him. We prayed together through tears and she said holding Luke made her feel better. You may feel like my friend or you may feel completely different. But please know that no matter how you feel it is OK.

I pray that you and Spencer will be lifted and that you will experience some joy today! May God Bless you always!
love,
julie

Susan said...

Bless you Stacy for thinking of others when you are so sad. I will pray specifically for these things you requested. Especially for Spencer...sometimes I think we all think things are easier on Daddys, when really they're not quite as tough as we all think they are.

Also, I will be in prayer about the births of your friends baby boys. I know this has to be hard, but I also know you are happy for your friends. I pray they are understanding as you go through all the feelings you will be having about their births.

Thinking of you today and always.

Susan in Indiana

Jaime said...

Stacy,
Today is the fifth anniversary of losing our baby girl. I have cried many tears over the last several days, in anticipation of today. Time and faith have helped to heal the wounds, but she will always be my daughter, as Isaac will always be your son. I will keep you and Spencer in my prayers.

Jen said...

Love to you still, dearest.

Do you know the poem Monday's Child? Acording to it, a child born on a Tuesday is "full of Grace"... how beautifully apt.

FishMama said...

Hi Stacy,

Thanks again for your sweet testimony of being a "Lucky Mum." I just weep at your loss. He is a BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY. Thank you for your precious testimony. I so wish your experience had been different, but trust that GOD has mighty plans for this journey of yours. Will be praying for you.

Devon said...

you know i love you and pray for you daily...i also know how hard it is to watch goodness heaped upon your friends lives and feel as if you keep getting robbed and robbed...

i assure you, god has good in store for you. so much has already been given in just the life and legacy of sweet isaac.

do what you can when you can. dont force yourself to *do* anything. be gentle with your broken heart...

Susie (So Blessed) said...

Praying for strength, comfort, peace and joy for your hurting hearts.

Anonymous said...

I pray for you and think of you often. You are an inspiration to a sometimes dark world. Thank you for sharing Isaac with us.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

God knows our hearts, our prayers and the struggles of this cold world. I will keep you, Spencer and all your request close to my heart.
I pray for God to provide you with comfort, peace and the encouragement to get your heart prepared for the upcoming events. Take the energy you have to lift up others to the glory of our precious Lord and Savior....
God's timing is always right!!!
You have many who love you.

Kirsten said...

Praying, praying, praying.

A friend of mine experienced a loss 6 years ago. A friend of hers was pregnant at the same time. She said that at first it was hard to see the baby and think of what could have been if her child had lived. Then things changed...after a year or so, she would look at the little girl with a smile and dream about what her child would have looked like. Her loss was different, but I hold tight to her experience hoping that the day will come when I look at babies around me with the same appreciation. Some day it will happen. In the meantime, I give myself grace realizing that there are lots of intense emotions that come along with the grief journey. You are never alone.

Praying for all your requests.

JessieLeigh said...

Praying for you and your friends...

Your strength and grace in a time of such grief is truly inspiring. There are no words to share how sorry I am that you and your husband must navigate this difficult path, but know that you are absolutely in my hearts and prayers...

Unknown said...

Praying!