Thursday, February 11, 2010

3 weeks

Still here in the frozen tundra of the mid-Atlantic under a fresh new blanket of snow. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many inches it is with the (not so) old snow underneath and all of the drifting that has occured. What I do know is that I am pretty sure the 10-foot piles of snow all over the place will most likely be here when we, Lord willing, bring Eliana home in a few weeks.

So today marks my 34th week of pregnancy, and 3 weeks until Eliana's birthday. As March 4th has started to draw near, Spencer and I have spent a lot of time talking about our anticipation of what that day will be like... the joy, the sorrow, the excitement, the fear.

This morning I was catching up on some blogs that I follow, and read a post that Molly Piper wrote during her pregnancy with her third child, Morrow. Morrow was conceived just a few months after Molly and Abraham's second child, Felicity, was born still. Though she just recently published this post, the authenticity with which Molly why she didn't blog about her pregnancy with Morrow really hit me, as she articulately explains the complex array of emotions that a mother feels after losing a child, being pregnant again, and ultimately giving birth to another baby. Rather than repeat what she has said, you can click here to read.

12 comments:

Erika said...

3 weeks, wow!!! I am so excited for you as you prepare to bring home Isaac's little sister! I also read Molly Piper's post (my comment is right before yours!)- she said so eloquently what so many of us who have walked this road have felt. I loved what you said in your comment, as well- as I just went back to re-read her post. Sending you lots of hugs. Stay cuddly and warm these last few weeks of pregnancy amongst the snow drifts. Spring is coming! Eliana is bringing it! :-)

-Erika

littletinyfootprints.blogspot.com
theurthmama.com

Miche said...

You are getting so close! Her post was written beautifully. It is like some days I'm scared I'm going to leave her behind when this new little one arrives. It makes me feel a bit better to know I'm not crazy.

Good luck! I can't wait to read about this new chapter in your life while also see how Isaac shapes your future. Big hugs!

Kamaile said...

March 3 is going to be a perfect and glorious day! Thank you for sharing that post.

Holly said...

I'll go check it out! Gosh, only 3 more wks! Can't wait til she is in your arms!

Cecilia said...

Agreed, it was a wonderful post! I'm glad to hear that things are going smoothly for you too. Stay warm!

The Knight Family said...

Excited for you and praying too!
Can't wait to read about her Birthday!

The Knight Family said...

From,
Cindy (from Tennessee)

Sonya said...

praying for you and Spencer these weeks leading up to Eliana's birth as well as afterwards. Molly's post was beautiful. Of course Eliana is not going to replace Isaac and you are going to be flooded with all kinds of emotion, and contracdicting ones at that. I will just pray...that is really all I can say.

John Kincaid said...

Praying for you that you will be filled with peace from above as you wait for the arrival of Isaac's baby sister!!! Hugs and prayers!

Kristen

Devon said...

that was a beautiful post, huh? it will hit home even more once your little girl is here. navigating grief is so difficult...and its unique to each of us and yet there is so many common feelings.

thinking of you as you prepare for her in the next few weeks...

Mommato4miracles said...

I just wanted to say what an encouraging uplifting woman you are. I cannot imagine walking the road you have walked, but I am rejoicing with you for the exciting soon to be arrival of Eliana.
My sister's son died a year ago this past november, they are unsure of why he died. He was full term and gorgeous. She too is attempting to have another baby. Is there anything you would recommend I said, didn't say to encourage her during this time? I can't come close to understanding what she has gone through, and therefore don't want to say anything that would be hurtful or sad or anything like that.
I pray that God blesses you and your family, that Eliana brings joy like you have never experienced!!!
With love and prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess the 'frozen tundra' land has extended from McMamma- land to the east! That's a lot of snow for suburbia to handle! Molly's post was so beautifully written and so sensitive. I think a lot of women undergo post delivery stress syndrome and don't realize it, thinking it is simply a 'normal grieving process'. I know you will do everything you can to let Eliana know she is cherished in her rightful place in your family. After all, she's coming into a world where she never knew this infant brother who came, ever so briefly before her. A friend of mine made sure that all pictures of the deceased sibling was in a neutral location (living room, etc.) so that Johnathon would know that his room was never 'meant to be' the other baby's room. Just a suggestion to keep in mind for your dear new little arrival. Best wishes for a happy delivery!

Annamarie