Friday, February 26, 2010

6

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and for sticking with us in prayer. One thing I did want to mention in regard to my prayer request from yesterday... part of the heartache in moving forward without Isaac here is that we very easily could have him here and be having Eliana. Isaac would have been about ten months old when I found out I was pregnant with Eliana, and so a large part of this aspect of my grief is knowing that they both could be here. So thank you for hearing my heart in that and for praying with us.

Today, would you please pray for the doctors, nurses, and other medical staff that will be caring for us at the hospital? The same two doctors who delivered Isaac will be delivering Eliana. The same two nurses that were tending to our care when Isaac was born, will also be caring for us as Eliana enters the world. All of them have met Isaac and are familiar with his story, and I know that all of him have been impacted by him.

Would you please pray that God would use Eliana's birth as a testament of His goodness and faithfulness in the hearts of all of the hospital staff involved with Eliana's delivery and our care afterwards? Please pray that they would see God's provision for our family... His making of beauty from ashes as He continues to write the next chapter in our family's story... and that they would clearly recognize it as such. Please pray for opportunities for us to share about that with the doctors, nurses, and other hospital workers with whom we come into contact, and that God would continue to use Isaac's life, and this next chapter entitled "Eliana" for His glory.

16 comments:

Sonya said...

I think that it is wonderful that all those people that cared for Isaac are going to care for his mommy and his baby sister. I missed your request for yesterday but I think that you put it beautifully both yesterday and today! Praying for you and Spencer and sweet baby girl!

Unknown said...

Dear Stacy, I think of you and Spencer everyday, although I couldn't read your posts daily I just read the last three. I pray that you feel God's presence every moment and that his love enfolds you and keep your heart safe. I pray that your saddness and grief be accompanied by joy and love, for one cannot stand alone from the other for you. I pray that Eliana's upcoming birth will fill your lives with an abundance of love and joy and everything you dreamt and wished for. May the memories and strong bond you have as a family, you Spencer and Isaac, be enriched and strengthened in God, by precious Eliana entering this world. And may you ALWAYS be the inspiration you are to others.

Julie said...

Praying for you each day. I am so excited for you to hold little Eliana in your arms...even with all the longing that will be there for Isaac. And I know so clearly what you mean about how both COULD be with you!

Hold on tight to each other!!!

You are not alone!

"Hope is what happens as long as we breathe." Just keep breathing...

Jan said...

Amen!

Amber E. Berkoski said...

Thinking of you in this final week. And wishing you the very best as you embark on this wonderful albeit challenging next chapter of your lives.

trennia said...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

God bless you all

Caroline said...

Praying always and {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I can so feel your heart...as you anticipate the joyous arrival of your sweet Eliana at the same time you are missing Isaac and reliving parts of your journey with him.

Your words are beautiful and your heart is amazing...that even in the midst of it all you want to glorify God. You are beautiful...

Much Love...and continued prayers...

Jacksmom said...

Stacy, I will pray for all of those things for you, but believe me, it will not be lost on those doctors and nurses. We unfortunately walk some sad journeys with families in our line of work, and are absolutely overjoyed, and inspired when we can rejoice in happy moments with those same families later. Shoot, I have tears just thinking about it. I love your nurse who I met at your shower. She and I had a lot in common, and she has a beautiful heart, and I'm glad to know that you will have someone so understanding, and kind to support you next Thursday!

Mommara said...

I am sure in the joy of the day and looking back at pictures the hardest part will be just what you said. That Isaac would have/could have been in them as the big brother. I am holding you up in prayer. I hope you can feel all these prayers like hugs. Praying for the medical team too. Hugs!

Brooke said...

Stacy- you are such a beautiful light in this world, and I know that your story is carried in the hearts of all those you've touched, including the medical team. Sending loving thoughts your way as you prepare to meet your daughter.

The Knight Family said...

Praying for you today. That was such a sweet post. I think that is so awesome that you are getting to have the same people with you as were with Isaac.
Love, Cindy

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

Sending many prayers up for a safe and healthy delivery of your sweet baby girl and for strength, comfort and peace as you and Spencer move forward and meet your darling Eliana. God Bless!

Jess said...

That's so great that you will have the same team of Drs. and nurses for Eliana's delivery. I know they will all be impacted by remembering Isaac's delivery, and sharing in the birth of Eliana. Another wonderful way for His life to touch the lives of others, and for your sweet little girl to begin leaving her mark in this world. Blessings!

Cassie said...

Praying they will see God's goodness through your family.