Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yesterday's Appointment

Just wanted to quickly update on yesterday's doctor's appointment. Thankfully, we were able to see the doctor I usually see. She is absolutely wonderful and has been nothing but supportive through this entire process.

Isaac's heart was still beating strong at 153 beats per minute. It took the nurse a while to find his heartbeat, but we knew he was okay because he kept kicking the doppler as she moved it over my stomach. We both got a good chuckle out of that.

It is looking like my c-section will be somewhere between October 15-17. We won't be able to schedule it with the hospital until a month out, so there are still a few more weeks before we know the exact date. In a way, I am glad for that.

My doctor also said that she wanted both herself and another doctor from the practice there for Isaac's delivery since my c-section is looking as if it will be a bit complicated. It was a great comfort to know that she is taking extra precautions in having a second set of well-skilled hands there at Isaac's birth. She is now hopeful that she won't have to do a classical c-section, but said that it still is a real possibility. They won't know until they start the procedure. This is a little better than the news we received on this last time.

I had also asked her what would happen should I go into preterm labor and the on-call doctor was already at the other hospital where they deliver. She assured me that I would be able to deliver at Shady Grove, the hospital where we've been meeting with the neonatologist and other NICU staff. She even went so far as to say that if the on-call doctor couldn't do it, to have them call her, and she would come and do the delivery. I really couldn't be more thankful for how supportive she has been.

Please continue to pray for a miracle for our sweet Isaac, and for a delivery that is as easy and as pain-free as possible for him and that does minimal damage to my body. Please pray that God would calm my nerves about the fact that I will be having major surgery (the thought of having my blood drawn is enough to make me want to pass out!). Please pray for our upcoming appointments next week... our ultrasound on Tuesday and our meeting with the hospital staff next Friday. Please pray for Spencer as he continues to do his best to support me, juggle a crazy work and school schedule, and still tries to have time to do the things he enjoys that keep him calm. Lastly, please pray that God would just be near to us and make His presence known.

16 comments:

banbear2 said...

I pray for you and Isaac every day. My thoughts are with you.

HennHouse said...

Praying.

Kara said...

Praying for whatever you want me to! It does sound like things are shaping up nicely for the delivery. This Dr will be there for you and you will be fine. My thoughts are with you and daddy and Isaac!

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you all.

nestie becoming_untied

AngelsAmid said...

I'm praying, a lot, for a miracle for baby Isaac. I'm also praying for God to be with you & Spencer right now *hugs*

The Sandefurs said...

I happened onto your blog last week and have read every detail of your journey. I have wanted to comment, but feel so inadequate and quite honestly, guilty. Guilty that I have a happy, healthy family and that you are going through the most heart-wrenching time of your life. I am reminded of Psalm 8 that says when I consider the moon, stars and all the works of your fingers, oh, what is man that you are mindful of him? I feel so humbled that God has blessed me, and I sincerely pray that He do a miraculous work in your lives. As a fellow mother to baby boys, I feel in some way a connection to your heart and cannot begin to fathom what you must be feeling and thinking; my heart aches for you. As a nurse who has worked in labor and delivery for over 6 years and witnessed hundreds of births, I am overwhelmed by how great our God is. He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond anything we can ask, think or pray...and I pray that for you.

The Sandefurs said...

One more thought....I just remembered the chorus of a song that I wanted to share with you.

"Sometimes He calms the storm and whispers 'Peace be Still.'

He can calm any storm but it doesn't mean He always will.

Sometimes He holds us close and lets the winds and waves run wild.

Sometimes He calms the storm and other times He calms this child."

One word...sovereign.

Daddy Dale and Mommy Jen said...

Stacy,
I was so anxious to read your appointment update. Sounds like you have a wonderful doctor that is willing to do whatever it takes! We are praying for you everyday!

Laura said...

So thankful you have a Dr who is taking care of your heart as well as your body. We are praying and will continue to pray...peace, comfort and for a miracle. Sneding much love to all 3 of you.

Stephanie said...

Praying.

The Writer Chic said...

Stacy, that is GREAT news about the section possibly not needing to be classical! Yea for small blessings....I have been praying so specifically for that for you, and will continue to do so, so that it will come to pass. I will also begin to be praying for all the staff that will be involved in Isaac's delivery and care, and those who are caring for you. It makes all the difference in the world to have good, compassionate, competent medical staff...

Blessings on you my friend. I know you're feeling the "sands through the hourglass" pick up speed. Lots of love and prayers always.

Anonymous said...

A friend recommended your blog to me and I just want to say you are an inspiration. Your unwaivering faith in the Lord is so refreshing to see and I pray for you and your husband daily.

So Blessed said...

Praying for you...

Brian and Carrie Baker said...

I have stumbled accross your blog in a most unusual way, to read for some time and find it wasn't unusual at all, in fact it was meant to me. You are amazing and your precious son has already touched my heart. I too suffered a miscarriage two years ago and then went on to have a beautiful son, Noah, born with a congential diaphragmitc hernia and was given a less than 5% chance of survival. After a long fight I am blessed to say that he is 15mos old today. He has his struggles but each day is a blessing. We have recently learned that we are pregnant again and sadly our baby was also diagnosed with a cystic hygroma. We underwent CVS and results are normal, but are on the grueling waiting game once more. I am only 14 weeks along. I would love to talk to you and tell you how much your blog has lifted me in just the past hour....carrielynn999@hotmail.com

Tracy said...

I'm praying for a miracle for you, Spencer, and baby Issac. I pray God gives you strength and the continued ability to manifest His glory.

Misty said...

Praying for you...

I lost my little girl to cystic hygroma and fetal hydrops combined with Turner's Syndrome last year so I can relate to your fears. I'd love to chat if you have the time.
ytsimgirl at aol dot com