Wednesday, February 18, 2009

12,000

I am excited to share with you all that over $12,000 has now been raised for the construction of Isaac's playground. Thank you...

I think I said this when I shared that we hit the $11,000 mark, but I'll say it again:

Your generosity (as well as your words, prayers, comments, e-mails) continues to communicate to us how our sweet Isaac matters... that is the greatest gift. To know that my son's life has value, weight, and significance, even though it was far shorter than I had ever hoped or prayed it would be... and that his legacy is leaving a mark on this world. I am humbled... and am so grateful.

Thank you so much for your generosity and continued support. We're still months away from the playground being constructed (because our new church facility is still being built), but when the time comes, I can't wait to share pictures with you.

And, I am still waiting to share the news of something else that Spencer and I are excited about that's in the works to share Isaac's life with others. Continue to stay tuned...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited!

Jess :) said...

How amazing! What a blessing all of this must be for you and Spencer! :) Looking forward to the upcoming news!

Love,
Jess :)

Unknown said...

How tantalizing! That is wonderful how you've raised that much money.

Erin said...

THAT IS AWESOME! I can't wait to see the finished product! You must truly be so proud of your son :) We are proud of him and you and spencer !!!

Stephanie said...

What an amazing mark! Isaac most definitely left his mark on the world and my heart the day he came into this world! I will forever remember him..please know that! Thank you for allowing me to walk along with you. Can't wait to hear the upcoming news!

The Knight Family said...

That is going to be one awesome playground!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really awesome news. Isaac has left a huge mark on this world for so many. I can not wait until his playground is built.

And what is this interesting thing you are teasing us with? I can't wait to hear...

Always in our prayers, much love, Jill and Andy

Kelli said...

I am soooooooo happy for you and Spencer. I can't wait to see Isaac's prayground. He is continuing to bless the world.

Anonymous said...

I would love to take a vacation after it is built to see Issac's playground.

Can't wait to hear the news!

Praying always for you.

Cynthia

Sonya said...

That is awesome!! Your sweet Isaac has left an imprint on my heart and it is so great that his memory is going to be honored in a playground! I can't wait to see what is next. Way to keep us all in suspense!!

Laura said...

So exciting!!! He will never be forgotten.
Love,
Laura

Melissa Jo said...

WOW!!! That's fantastic news...thank you for updates...you are a blessing to so many of us!

Tiff said...

I am sitting here reading your notes to issac and watching the slide show. I've followed your story from day one, but there are times I like to sit here and read your letters and just stare at his sweet, sweet face...

Your son is absolutely gorgeous, you must stare at his picture all day...he has the sweetest face! Thank you for sharing his sweet face and story with us! I pray for comfort for you and your family..

i hope you can share the exciting news soon!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! Still praying for you and Spencer every day, Stacy.

rae said...

I can't wait to hear what is in the works!