Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chris Tomlin Winner

Thanks so much for all of your comments on the previous post. I loved reading about what God is doing in your lives and the scriptures that you left for us and others to read. I know my heart was encouraged.

Selecting the winner a few minutes early because we need to head out for our Superbowl party.

And so, using Random.org the winner of the Chris Tomlin CD is comment 24... Melissa Jo!

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers: 24
Timestamp: 2009-02-01 22:24:40 UTC

Mellisa Jo has an awesome blog called The Potter's Hand. I really encourage you to check it out... she is so full of faith, and I know you'll be encouraged. Melissa, please e-mail me your address so I can mail the CD to you. If you could put "Chris Tomlin CD" in the subject line so that I don't accidentally delete your e-mail that would be great.

I also wanted to speak a little bit about one of the songs on the Hello Love CD. It is called "I Will Rise." I was driving to the gym yesterday morning and this particular song came on. It talks about the peace that God grants us, and how there will be a day when there's no more sorrow or pain. Then the bridge goes something like this:

And I hear the voice of many angels sing
'Worthy is the Lamb.'
And I hear the cry of every longing heart
'Worthy is the Lamb.'

I just burst out in tears because here's what hit me: That's my Isaac. He is one of those angels, in the presence of God. That's him!

I will never be able to sing of angels or of heaven again without thinking of Isaac being there, safe and secure, beautiful (well, he already was that!) and whole, in the presence of our Creator. There is hope in that, isn't there? The grave wasn't the end... not for Jesus, and not for Isaac.

I wish I had a CD for every person who left a comment... Hello Love is really a great one.

Off to the Superbowl party...


2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thank-you again for your faithful and God centered posting, I'm always so encouraged by you. Someone had actually given me that CD Hello Love by Chris Tomlin shortly after Renner had died but I just threw it in my car and hadn't really listened to it until this morning after reading your blog yesterday. This morning, I had almost an hour drive to go to my best friend's son's baptism. This was not even as hard as I had imagined that it would be. God just continually pours grace down on me and that CD was amazing and I was filled and moved to tears many times but also by those same lyrics. I just imagined my Ren worshipping and praising our Lord and Saviour and it was beautiful and carried me through the morning. Our God is good. I told my friend that God's ways and timing are not my way and timing but His ways and timing are perfect and good and for our good and I have to hold on to His promises. Sending you my love, and hoping that you enjoyed your evening out. May God pour grace upon grace down from heaven and may there be more moments of sheer happiness and joy as we continue on this path of grief and healing.

The Bagley Bunch said...

I LOVE that song! That Hello Love cd IS amazing! We are blessed to be going to his concert at the end of this month for his Hello Love tour---so awesome! I just recently posted about that song All the Way My Savior Leads Me on our blog! Seriously--I LOVE the lyrics, promises, and truth of this cd!

And your ripple effect is real! The Lord is using all of this for His glory! I have your button on our blog and people link to you every day! Many have even added the button to their site as well. They KNOW Isaac and they KNOW all the Lord has done, is doing, and is surely going to do through His precious life and existance! And what is better is that our Lord knows that! What a wonderful God we serve!

Here are the words from that song I spoke of earlier. Blessings and lots of prayers your way!!


All the Way my Savior Leads Me
By: Chris Tomlin

All the way my Savior leads me
Who have I to ask beside
How could I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide

All the way my Savior leads me
Cheers each winding path I tread
Gives me grace for every trial
Feeds me with the living Bread

You lead me and keep me from falling
You carry me close to Your heart
And surely Your goodness and
mercy will follow me

All the way my Savior leads me
O, the fullness of His love
O, the sureness of His promise
In the triumph of His blood
And when my spirit clothed immortal
Wings it's flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way
Jesus led me all the way

All the way my Savior leads me
All the way my Savior leads me