So I am learning that in the blog world, there are these awards that get passed around. This week, I was informed that I was nominated for two of them! I've decided to include them both in one post. The first is one called "Honest Scrap" that I was nominated for by Overeducated Mommy
I am not going to do all the tagging and that stuff (no fun, I know), but the gist of this award is to list 10 not-so-well-known honest things about yourself. So here ya go:
1. I can't stand having spots on my mirrors, faucets, or the glass surround of our shower. I like shiny things to be, well, shiny!
2. I have a slight obsession with UGGs.
3. I love the fact that I am a morning person.
4. Recently, I have given up diet Coke (all soda, really) except on the rare occasion and instead drink Zazz (Giant brand flavored seltzer water). I think Zazz is AWESOME.
5. I really don't like McDonald's coffee, but find something empowering about going to get my free medium coffee every weekday morning this month. And no, I haven't fallen victim to actually buying anything else to eat there... just go through the drive through and order my free coffee!
6. I love to cook but am sometimes too tired to do it.
7. I have no vision for interior decorating whatsoever. That's why we bought a house that was already painted in colors we really liked!
8. I just think that teaching is okay... if I could have any job, next to being a mom, I would want to own a B&B.
9. I have never been more broken that I have been over these past several months after learning of Isaac's diagnosis, and after his death. Yet I am grateful for the way that God continues to meet me in my brokenness and has shown Himself faithful.
10. I love my son and miss him so much that some days it still physically hurts; I take the role of being his voice here on Earth very seriously... I want his life to continue to matter.
The second award was this one from Rebecca:
The rules of this award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 5 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Have fun!
Therefore I have nominated 5 blogs that I love to read, even though I love so many more:
1. Bring the Rain- This blog is written by Angie Smith. She and her husband, Todd (who sings in Selah), gave birth to their daughter Audrey Caroline in April 7, 2008. She lived for just a few hours before going to be with Jesus. Angie is a fabulous writer as she recounts her love for her family, her love for Audrey, and her love for Jesus.
2. Homesick- Written by a wonderful momma named Devon, this blog is dedicated to remembering her twin boys, Blake and Ethan, who were born on March 5, 2008. They lived for just a few days before going to be with Jesus. Devon candidly shares her heart as she continues on her journey of missing her boys and honoring their precious lives.
3. The Beauty of Sufficient Grace- Kelli and her husband have established Sufficient Grace Ministries that helps support families through the loss of a child at or shortly after birth. She graciously sent me the "Dreams of You" memory book that they make... a baby book specifically designed for parents to remember their children who have left them far too soon. Having lost children herself, Kelli's blog is a testament to God's goodness and grace through one of life's most unspeakable circumstances: the death of a child. She has been such a source of encouragement to me.
4. The Pipers- Molly Piper is the daughter-in-law of the esteem Christian author, John Piper. She and her husband Abraham have, too, lost a child. Her blog has all sort of cool things on it, but one of the post helpful things I've stumbled across is a series of posts she did entitled "How to Help a Grieving Friend." GREAT advice for those looking to support friends and family members who are grieving.
5. Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground- Lynnette Kraft is the author of this blog. Lynnette and her husband have lost three children: two at birth, and one at six years-old. Like Kelli at The Beauty of Sufficient Grace, Lynnette speaks so boldly and tenderly about God's goodness and faithfulness. She is the author of the book In His Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me. She was kind enough to send me a signed copy, which I just started reading (and loving!!) last night. Her faith is a true inspiration to me.There are so many more I could name, but wanted to leave it there.
So there you have it... 10 random honest things about me, and 5 blogs that I love!
And one little boy that I love...